Learning. Excellence. Fulfilment
Qualifications and Experience
Through my substantial experience of playing and working in elite-level sport, I have a proven track record of helping athletes and teams to enhance well-being and sustain high performance.
- First Class Honours degree in Psychology
- Masters in Sport & Exercise Psychology
- Qualification as a chartered Sport & Exercise Psychologist, registered with the British Psychological Society.
I was the Women's U17 England Football team psychologist during their 2018 European Championship campaign, and I have a broad range of experience working one-to-one with athletes of all ages from many different sports including:
- GB swimming, rowing, judo and ultra-running
- Premiership hockey
- Semi-professional golf
- 1st XI netball, cricket and football.
I have led psychology programmes at various public and state schools across the South of England, involving:
- Interactive and engaging workshops for students
- Keynote speeches for parents and coaches
- Partnerships with other elite athletes in Open Evenings and Conferences to share fascinating insights into high performance from different perspectives.
- I am a qualified Coach, accredited by Middlesex University and the European Mentoring & Coaching Council.
- I have extensive experience coaching in business, working with a range of leaders to help them make decisions about their career, develop their mindset and lead a more fulfilling life.
- I have coached individuals from many different walks of life including teaching, the police force and the hospitality industry, as well as working with many schools and colleges to support their students.
- I am a Consultant at Lane4, a successful performance organsation whose ambition is to make a difference to people's working lives.
- My coaching style is supportive, completely non-judgemental, honest, and appropriately challenging. Results typically include individuals feeling more confident and motivated and having greater clarity of thought about what and how they are going to change.
- My areas of expertise include: performance and person centred coaching, resilience and wellbeing, personal development, fulfilment of potential, stress and anxiety, confidence, identity and transition.
- I am a passionate sportswoman and have played at an elite level, representing England Hockey for 6 years, winning the English Premier League 7 times with Surbiton Hockey Club, and playing semi-professionally in Germany and Australia.
- I love to challenge myself physically as well as mentally and have completed an Ironman triathlon, climbed Mont Blanc and trekked to Everest Base Camp.
- As someone who values calmness and compassion, I also practice meditation and work with multiple charities to give something back to those less fortunate through the teaching of psychology.